TF – Traceability & Fashion is a voluntary system managed by Unionfiliere and promoted by Unioncamere and Italy’s Chambers of Commerce. Its objective is to certify and increase the value of products from “made in Italy” supply chains.
Its aim is to create a voluntary certification scheme providing transparent information to consumers on:
- locations of the main production stages;
- the health values supporting the product, how environmentally friendly the product is and the manufacturer’s social responsibility.
Being able to trace products identity back to their origins means that a virtuous circle is created and both consumers and producers play an important role in a critical and open system:
- the consumer knows his product has travelled “with a regular passport” and has not “travelled illegally”;
- the producer can build and maintain a competitive advantage based on quality and ethical values of his products;
- the certification is assigned by an impartial body – Chamber of Commerce.
The TF – Traceability & Fashion scheme is voluntary and doesn’t replace existing regulations. The TF information is provided on a dedicated label that tells the product’s history along the entire production chain.
Centrocot is allowed to carry out the verification procedure impartially, independently and with technical competency.